Thursday 30 July 2009

Crazy Dream

So I have just woken up from my afternoon nap (another night of not sleeping is really not a good idea) and felt like sharing just the last little bit of my dream (it's all I can remember and it's a bit weird.

I arrived in Selly Oak (the place I live) off a train to see a mass of police all around. I asked one (who was talking into his radio very quickly) what had happened and he said there had been two "device" detonations in houses on each side of the main road but it was okay because no-one had been harmed and a suspect was in custody.

At this moment an air raid siren started and we both looked at each other, one of us said "uh-oh" (can't remember if that was him or me) and we just ran, in no particular direction. I then looked up at the sky to see a long cylindrical tube headed towards the ground. Others around me noticed it and then, just cheered. It was a truly surreal moment for me.

A white flash and my whole body shook, then I was on the ground. There was a crack across my vision like broken glass and then words appeared: Front part of skull = Cracked; Rear part of skull = shattered; Death = inevitable. The world then sort of fizzed away and two options appeared: Standard funeral; State funeral. I can't remember which I chose.

Then I woke up. A little dumfounded as to the trick my subconscious had played on me. Was this some sort of grisly premonition of my own, and many others, demise (it was particularly vivid). Perhaps my subconscious is more afraid of "Terrorism" or Nuclear Holocaust than my conscious mind. Maybe it is some Freudian head fuck where the nuclear weapon was my mother and I secretly want to fuck everything in sight..... or maybe I just need to stop playing Command and Conquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment