Sunday 10 May 2009

So Blogging

Ok, so I've tried to avoid doing this for quite some time but you know what fuck it I'm gonna cave. All I've ever done previously is post poetry and crap on my myspace ( http://www.myspace.com/the_last_punk ) but I figured I'd do this.

Noone will probably read this ever but you know what, if they do then grand and welcome to my boring life; which I've been told might not be so boring if seen through other people eyes.

So who am I? Well I'm a 20 year old student of ye olde University of Birmingham studying a BA in Drama and Theatre Arts (which is slowly killing me) and I use my spare time to write poetry/song lyrics, act, play football (badly), watching comedians on youtube, repeatedly attempting (and failing) to start bands (that said the one I've got lined up at the moment may work out), going to gigs, eating too much pizza and generally making a prat of myself. I'm probably acquainted with far too many famous people and I've recently gone Vegetarian, which wasn't nearly as hard as I expected (probably given that the standard of meat I can afford at uni is crap and so the fake "meats" actually don't taste too bad) and I'm considering going Vegan one day. That won't be for a while though as I simply cannot give up Pizza and can't find soy cheese Pizzas anywhere.

I talk too much and essentially ramble as silence both confuses and scares me. As Strindberg once said "silence cannot conceal anything... unlike words". You have to be very comfortable with someone to be able to sit there in silence with them. It could even be argued that I'm a bit of an old romantic and often wish I could just sweep a girl of her feet with words of beauty, and love, and life, but unfortunately that seems to be frowned upon these days.

So why did I start this today then? Well I bought some chocolate earlier (a rare occurrence in my life) and it had something quite nice written on the inside that I wanted to share with you (whoever you are you weirdo who found my blog, thanks btw :-P )

"...Here it is. That inexplicable, elemental tug. That surprising sudden feeling you've been waiting for. This is yesyesyes. This is where you find something or someone, and just fall for them. Illogically. Irresistibly. And find yourself thinking of nothing else. Because it's attraction, and the dream of love to follow, that keeps the imagination alive. It's attraction that makes life sparkle and pop and fizz...

Never stop falling in love..."

Now I thought that was just an amazing thing to read on the inside of a chocolate bar and it kind of took me by surprise. I could be described as "crushing" at the moment as I've met a girl, who just blew my mind when I first met her. She's beautiful, smart, funny, interested in similar sorts of music and generally just a nice person. Unfortunately I don't think she feels the same about me and it fucking hurts. I sometimes wish I could just travel back to that first night we met and do something differently, but, I can't. Maybe she does like me back, or maybe she may end up liking me back but we're both very busy at the moment so I have no way of just sitting down and talking to her. I don't want to freak her out as I know she's had bad experiences with guys in the past and I don't want to end up like that with her. It's frustrating to say the least

Still I've only got two more uni assesments then second year is done and it's now only 12 days till Anti-Flag and the King Blues and 13 days till Slam Dunk Festival (if I get on the guest list) so I'm very excited as to what the next month holds.

Well I've rambled on now in what was essentially a "figure out what the fuck I'm doing" blog so I best sign off.  So with the theme of love clearly being a leitmotif in this post, I thought I'd end with a love related song quote. Billy Talent - Surrender: 
"Killing time before she struts her stuff
She needs support and I've become the crutch
She'll never know how much she means to me
I'd play the game but I'm the referee

...

Even though I know what I'm looking for
She's got a brick wall behind her door
I'd travel time and confess to her
But I'm afraid she'd shoot the messenger"

Peace, Love, Unity.

XxxxXxxxX

1 comment:

  1. Thats a pretty cool thing to find in chocolate. Weird how sometimes the most banal things can be the ones to find you taken aback. For my pathetic curiosity, which chocolate?
    And Will, the red is hurting my eyes! x

    ReplyDelete